Please see below the step-by-step:
1. Click on "Complete Task" under "Mailroom activation" --> You will be asked if you have a Social Security Number (SSN) or not --> It will prompt you to add 2 forms of ID.
If you are a non-US resident/citizen, you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- Non-US Passport or US Passport/American SSN. This document has to contain a picture and your full legal name.
- For the Secondary ID, any of the documents listed below can be accepted to verify your address -- it must contain your name and the address must match your home address listed in Box 7 of the form:
- A lease, mortgage, or deed of trust
- Voter or vehicle registration card
- Home or vehicle insurance policy
- Utility bill
- Form I-94, Arrival, and Departure Record
- Matricula Consular (Mexico)
- NEXUS (Canada)
*If you are a US citizen with no address in the US, then you are also included in this category.
**Bank statements are not valid.
If you are a US resident, you will be asked to provide the following documents as the Primary ID to verify your identity:
- Driver license
- ID Card
- Residency ID
- Arm forces, uniform service ID
- Tribal card
- Us citizenship certificate
- Us naturalization certificate
For the Secondary ID, you can check the list above as the documents are the same.
*All documents must be valid, expired IDs won't be accepted by the Notary.
**When providing a second form of ID, make sure they are up to date. Documents more than one-month-old will be rejected by the Notary.
2. Provide your personal information: Full name and home address;
3. You will be redirected to a Notarize App run by SphereMail;
4. You will be asked to Review the USPS 1583 document;
5. You will need to verify your identity by answering a few identity questions and take photos of your ID -- just follow the instructions;
6. Make sure to schedule a free virtual notarization session with our partner, Notarize--> you will be connected to a certified notary over a secure video call.
Why do you need to go through the notarization process?
USPS 1583 authorizes a virtual service operator to receive and open mail on your behalf due to postal service regulations. The notary's seal proves that you are authorizing Firstbase.io and the mail operator to receive any mailing for your business.
Monday - Friday 6 am to 5 pm PST.