Formally forming your company is often the first step in building a presence for your business.
Firstbase.io’s core service is to legally form your company in any state that you'd like and help you grow your business, we aspire to support each of our customers in building a digital presence, or brand, for your newly formed company.
Whether you are one of the thousands of founders running foreign-owned US entities or a US citizen, banking institutions will require “proof” of your business.
Following these 4 basic steps to build a digital presence for your business will help in the approval process:
- Company domain: Once you receive a certificate of incorporation with your company name formally registered, you should immediately look to secure a company domain for email exchanges related to your business and to host your business website.
- @firstbase.io vs. @gmail.com
- @shopify.com vs. @outlook.com
- @yourcompany.com vs. @yahoo.com
- Trust: Obtaining the digital fingerprint for your business is step #1. This fingerprint will build trust with anyone you interact with about your business.
- How? Currently, Firstbase.io does not have a partner to support you with this; however, you can go check out godaddy.com or google.com/domains. We will have a solution for our customers to purchase a company domain.
- Business website
- Legitimacy and Transparency: For a newly formed company, your company domain is the digital name tag for your business. Mapping your company domain to not only your email address, but also a live website with helpful content is a given.
- How? Currently, you can use the Firstbase.io partners, carrd.co, Zyro, or Versoly to setup a quick, professional website for your business. You can find information about each of these partners and the discounts we can offer for them within your Firstbase.io Account:
- LinkedIn/Angel.co Business profile and social media presence
- Brand Awareness: By publicly sharing your business on legitimate digital communities provide further validation of your business and brand.
- All of these profiles are free and very easy to step. Go directly to these sites to set up your profile and start starting and engaging with the community.
- Blog posts and published articles
- Reputation: Whether starting your blog or publishing on third-party sites, the content you create and share leaves footprints of where you’ve been and the influence/expertise you bring to an industry or group.
- Currently, Firstbase.io doesn’t have partners to help publish your articles on third-party sites, but you can always start a blog on Medium.
Please note that we are currently building out a more valuable resource library to help with these specific steps, but in the meantime, we hope that this simple guide will support your journey in building a digital presence for your business.
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are ready to incorporate your business or if you are already formed your business with Firstbase.io and have questions about building a digital presence.