Before dissolving the company, you must comply with the reporting obligations and pay off the due taxes if any. That being said, you must file a final return for the year, even if you did not make income-- dissolving your company does not eliminate your reporting obligations.
Here are some helpful links for the Federal and State obligations:
- Federal reporting obligations (our partner Bookmate can help you with this);
- State-level reporting obligations (the registered agent or Clickdissolve can help you with this).
- IRS: Clickdissolve can notify the IRS on your behalf if you check the “Notify IRS to deactivate EIN” box in the order.
- Bank account: You are responsible to notify the bank.
- Registered agent: You need to notify the agent.